Here's a brief overview of the Marin Century and what riders can expect!
Ride Date: Saturday, August 5 2017
Start/Finish Location: Marin County Fairgrounds
- One of the most scenic, best-supported rides on the West Coast!
- Fantastic rest stop food options and a hot post-ride feast at our celebratory expo
- Route marked by color coded arrows
- SAG support and assistance from the Marin Amateur Radio Club--crucial in our hilly terrain
- CHP-patrolled course and assisted lane closures for rider safety
- Water-resistant color map and water bottle
- Sorry, no tee shirts...but we do have one cool cycling jersey
See Route Descriptions in the menu to the left for detailed route information. Mileage and elevation gains are approximate.
||# Rest Stops
||Total Climbing (approximate)
| 100Km Marin Metric Century
| 220Km Double Metric+
| 100Mi Marin Century (Traditional)
| Mt Tam Century ||96 ||4||9,800 |
| Mt Tam Double Century ||200 ||9||18,000 |
The Marin Century is an all-volunteer event. Thank those volunteers!
Proceeds of the event support local charities and athletic-based youth and social causes.
The first cycling event hosted by the Marin Cyclists was in 1963. To see the ride announcement from 1970, follow the link in the menu to the left.