Check-In and Time Limits
Only those riders who did not receive their registration packet in the mail must check in at registration. ALL transferring in riders must check-in (even if they received their bib from another person). Transferring riders will be issued a new number--do not ride with a number issued to someone else.
All Double Century riders must check in.
Saturday, August 5, 2017
5:30 AM -6 AM Check-in for 220Km course
6 AM* – 7 AM Check-in for 100 mile Mt Tam Century course
7 AM* – 8 AM Check-in for 100 mile traditional Marin Century course
7 AM* – 8 AM Check-In for 100 K course and 50 K course
11:30 AM -6: 30 PM Post Ride meal service
* slower riders should start at earlier times
(see Cut Off Times below)
Special notes on Start Times
- ALL RIDERS - Please review the rest stop open and close times on your map - these are firm times. Plan accordingly.
- Courses close at 6:00 PM ANYONE REMAINING ON THE COURSE WILL BE SAGed.
- Double Century course closes at 10:00 PM
- 50K Riders - If you start the 50 K early, you risk reaching the Nicasio Rest Stop before the 10:30 AM opening and possibly the Post Ride meal at the finish will not be open.
- 100K Riders - If you start the 100 K early, you risk reaching the Petaluma Rest Stop before the 9:00 AM opening. Additionally, you may be held on west bound Pt. Reyes-Petaluma Rd to prevent creating a dangerous condition with east bound cyclists.
- 220K Riders Must Start by 6 AM!
- 100k and 50k riders, please wait until your appointed start time.
- All riders should be on course by 8 AM. Note that when a rest stop closes, the course leading up to that rest stop is closed and any remaining riders will be offered a SAG ride or they will be on their own. No further support will be offered. This is to allow us to focus attention on the remaining portions of the course.
Cut Off Times
- Cutoff for the Coleman Loop on the 220 KM course is NOON. you must start the loop by that time or you will be turned back to the 100 mi course.
- Rest stop closing times are as follows:
- Petaluma - 1 pm
- Coleman Valley - 2 pm
- Valley Ford - 3 pm
- Walker Creek - 4 pm
- Nicasio - 5 pm
- ALL RIDERS - Note that when a rest stop closes, the course leading up to that rest stop is closed and any remaining riders will be offered a SAG ride or they will be on their own. No further support will be offered. This is to allow us to focus attention on the remaining portions of the course.